OnePlus 5 launch imminent; company halts ‘flagship’ OnePlus 3T production

OnePlus 5 is due to be launched soon and it will feature Qualcomm’s latest Snapdragon 835 processor

OnePlus has announced that its latest flagship OnePlus 3T, will soon be discontinued. The production of OnePlus 3T has already reached the end of its production life, and sale of the devices will continue till the stock lasts.

The latest development comes days after the company’s CEO revealed that the next flagship smartphone OnePlus 5 will be launched soon and will feature Qualcomm’s latest Snapdragon 835 processor.

Recently, the China-based smartphone manufacturer OnePlus teamed up with DxO, a software company with expertise in image processing software, to enhance the photography capabilities of the upcoming OnePlus 5 smartphone.

Also Read : Smartphones, TVs with new colour-changing surface offer 3 times resolution

In a blog post on the OnePlus official forum, the company said: “We are happy to announce that we have teamed up with DxO to enhance your photography experience with our upcoming flagship, the OnePlus 5. DxO is perhaps most well-known for creating the defining photography benchmark, the DxOMark. They’ve got years of imaging experience and expertise, both for professional cameras and for smartphones.”

“But we can only go so far in telling you that we’re excited to be working with DxO. Our friend Etienne Knauer, SVP Sales & Marketing at DxO, had this to say: “OnePlus has always been one of the leading innovators in the smartphone industry, and we are proud to partner with them and support their exciting mobile photography strategy.” (more)

Advertisements

Salman Khan not worried about Baahubali 2 box office record

Baahubali: The Conclusion has so far collected over Rs 1,500 crore across the world

SS Rajamouli’s “Baahubali: The Conclusion” may be setting the box office on fire but superstar Salman Khan said he doesn’t get worried about the business of a film as he thinks every movie has its own destiny.

“Baahubali: The Beginning” released on July 10, 2015, a week before Salman’s “Bajrangi Bhaijaan”.

“Baahubali: The Conclusion”, which hit theatres on April 28, has so far collected over Rs 1,500 crore across the world.

“After ‘Baahubali: The Beginning’, we came up with “Bajrangi Bhaijaan”. Now after ‘Baahubali: The Conclusion’, we are coming up with ‘Tubelight’. There is a lot of pressure on the CEO of Salman Khan Films. I don’t get worried so much. It is a phenomenal success and it is amazing.

Also Read :

“I have not seen the film but I will watch it. But it doesn’t matter (box office records) as I think every film has its own destiny. Lets see what the destiny of ‘Tubelight’ is and how much it earns,” Salman told reporters here at the trailer launch of “Tubelight”.

The “Dabangg” star on a lighter note further said, “They (referring to Rajamouli doing one film in four years) do one film in four years, I do two films in a year and the average is that much.”

Salman’s brother, actor Sohail Khan, who also stars in “Tubelight”, said it’s good if a movie sets a record at the box office.

“It’s lovely when a film does well commercially as it sets a yardstick (for other films). It’s nice that ‘Baahubali…’ did well,” Sohail said.

During the launch, Salman seemed emotional while talking about his other co-star, legendary actor Om Puri. (more)

Brad Pitt in Mumbai to attend War Machine screening, meets Shah Rukh Khan

The 53-year-old actor plays a US General posted in Afghanistan

Hollywood superstar Brad Pitt is in India to promote his latest film, the Netflix satire “War Machine”.

Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan will be moderating a special chat session here with Pitt, in which the two actors will discuss the project.

In the movie, the 53-year-old actor plays a US General posted in Afghanistan.

Directed by David Michod, of “Animal Kingdom” fame, the Netflix Original film is inspired by the book “The Operators: The Wild & Terrifying Inside Story of America’s War in Afghanistan” by late journalist Michael Hastings.

An investment in the range of $60 million also makes it Netflix’s biggest-budget feature to date.

Also Read :

There is a big fear of Hollywood taking over Bollywood: SRK

Surprise! Brad Pitt in India to promote ‘War Machine’

Pitt’s character is loosely based on General Stanley A McChrystal, a retired United States Army general best-known for his command of Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC).

His last assignment was as Commander, International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) and Commander, US Forces Afghanistan.

Hastings’s blistering profile on McChrystal led to his firing by Obama.

Pitt’s company Plan B is also one of the producers of the film.

The first big-budget Hollywood movie on Netflix will be released on May 26.

Celina Jaitly pregnant with twins again

Actress Celina Jaitly is expecting twins with her hotelier husband Peter Haag, who are due in October this year.

The 35-year-old actress is already a mother to five- year-old twin sons, Winston and Viraaj.

Celina, who has entered her second trimester, says they were “initially shocked” when they got to know they were pregnant with twins again.

“Doctor was doing ultrasound and Peter asked the doctor if it is twins this time too. Doctor said yes and we both were initially shocked,” Celina told PTI in an exclusive interview over phone from Dubai.

“We were exhilarated because the first thing that came in our mind was that we are the chosen one. We are God fearing and we feel God chooses special people to be parents of multiple children.”

Both Celina and Peter love kids and are aware of the challenges as parents.

The “No Entry” actress says, “My mother always advised me that there is no perfect way to be a mother and father, but there are a million ways to be a good parent.

“I have always believed there are no rules to be parent. My husband is 100 per cent involved in the pregnancy and we both take our responsibilities seriously as parents.” (more)

Quitting Twitter, says Sonu Nigam after Abhijeet’s account suspended

Singer Sonu Nigam on Wednesday announced he will quit Twitter and has urged all “logical and sensible patriots” to do the same, following the suspension of singer Abhijeet Bhattacharya’s micro-blogging account.

“I quit Twitter today in defiance of this one sided sham,” Sonu Nigam tweeted.

He said: “One could disagree with Abhijeetda’s language but isn’t Shehla’s accusation that BJP has a sex racket, provocation enough to supporters?”

“If his account is deleted, why not her? And the other morons who hurl… abuses to every achiever?” he asked.

Twitter on Tuesday suspended the account of Abhijeet over sexist and offensive remarks, which stirred up a storm online.

In a series of tweets, Abhijeet abused some women users, particularly JNU student-activist Shehla Rashid, following which Twitter took the action.

When Shehla openly discussed about sex scandals involving BJP leaders, she was “abused by Abhijeet and hundreds of Sanghi trolls”.

In reply to her statement, Abhijeet had tweeted: “There is a rumour she took money in advance for two hours and didn’t satisfy the client. Big racket.”

Deepika Padukone & Aishwarya rai makes Cannes red carpet debut

All eyes were on Deepika Padukone with bated breath to see how she would turn up on her first red carpet appearance as a brand ambassador for Loreal at Cannes

she finally put her fashionable foot forward, she made sure to look like a million bucks.

Dressed in a dainty wine coloured net ensemble, designed by Marchesa Notte. She looked bold and classy as she strutted down the coveted red carpet.

See more pics click here

Cannes gets an added dose of drama as Netflix makes its festival debut

Opening the 2017 Festival is French director Arnaud Desplechin’s Ismael’s Ghosts

The red carpet has been rolled out and the stars are taking their photo calls as the aristocracy of the film industry gathers at the Palais des Festivals in Cannes for the 70th annual film festival. From Afghanistan to Zambia, film makers, buyers, screenwriters, distributors, critics, academics and cineastes bunker down together for 12 days of communal cinematic consumption in dark rooms interspersed with heady business and critical discussion in the glare of the Mediterranean sunlight.

Opening the 2017 Festival is French director Arnaud Desplechin’s Ismael’s Ghosts, which is screening out of competition and kicks off a line up that includes 49 films from 29 countries, 12 of them by female directors.

Also Read : Deepika shines bright like a diamond at Day 2 of Cannes

The festival groups its selection (invited from more than 1,000 submitted films) into a number of strands: “the Competition”; “Un Certain Regard”; “Director’s Fortnight” and “Critic’s Week” all of which have their own programme of films. Complementing these strands are special events such as “Midnight Screenings”, “Cannes at 70” screenings, “Cannes Classics” and “Out of Competition” screenings – including, this year, a new thriller from Roman Polanski.

Thierry Frémaux, the Festival’s artistic director, is in charge of selection – and this year his choice is characterised by a lower number of Hollywood films than usual. He has also gone for a more pronounced political tone in the films, on themes such as migration, sex trafficking and the refugee crisis. Another feature of this year’s selection is the screening of films financed by media streaming platforms, including Netflix and Amazon, and the inclusion of “cinematic” television dramas. Read more

IPL 10 eliminator: KKR beats Hyderabad by 7 wickets, will face MI next

As Duckworth-Lewis method came into play, KKR had to chase 48 in six overs

Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) captain Gautam Gambhir led from the front to knock defending champions Sunrisers Hyderabad out of the Indian Premier League (IPL) with a seven-wicket win and made to Qualifier 2 in a rain-interrupted eliminator clash at the M. Chinnaswamy Stadium here on Thursday.

KKR will take on Mumbai Indians on Friday at the same venue.

Chasing 48 to win in six overs after rain and wet outfield ate up a large chunk of playing time, forcing Duckworth-Lewis method to come into play, Gambhir steadied the ship after KKR were 12/3 at one stage with an unbeaten 19-ball 32.

Ishank Jaggi, playing his first match, was not out on five.

Read more : Vivo V5s: An iPhone lookalike that justifies its ‘selfie king’ label

At the start, Chris Lynn was on the money right away, smacking Bhuvneshwar Kumar for a six in the first ball he faced.

But the second ball saw the destructive Australian get out after replays showed Lynn had edged to wicketkeeper Naman OJha off a Bhuveshwar near-yorker.

Yusuf Pathan, promoted up the order to score at a brisk pace, lasted just one delivery before he was run out. Robin Uthappa did not last long too, holing out to Shikhar Dhawan at deep mid wicket off Chris Jordan’s bowling.

Earlier, KKR rode on a superlative show by their bowlers to restrict Sunrisers Hyderabad to 128/7 in 20 overs. Read more

Rajinikanth in politics? Subramanian Swamy scoffs at idea, calls it a joke

Rajinikanth said, “If it is God’s will, I will enter politics”

Will he, won’t he? The possibility of Tamil Nadu’s most popular star Rajinikanth taking the plunge into politics has been the subject of speculation for years now. The actor on Monday, left his fans even more puzzled by saying, “If it is God’s will, I will enter politics.”

Rajinikanth also said if he enters politics, he will be truthful and will not entertain people who want to make money. While his comments were welcomed by his fans, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Subramanian Swamy was not pleased.

He called it a ‘joke’ and advised him to stay out of politics, reports News18.

Swamy, who is known for his controversial remarks, said, “Rajini has been with various parties and has no ideology. Rajini is a mere distraction.”

Also Read : Subramanian Swamy’s comment on Tamil actors?

He went on to say that Rajinikanth was not even a Tamilian; “in fact, he is a Marathi from Bengaluru,” he said. Swamy also took potshots at the megastar’s fans. “It is a cult following,” he said. Swamy said that cinema people are good at giving statements as their dialogues are scripted by somebody else.

What did the Tamil superstar say to his fans:

“God decides what we have to do in life. Right now, he wants me to be an actor and I’m fulfilling my responsibility. If God willing, I will enter politics tomorrow. If I enter, I will be very truthful and will not entertain people who are in this to make money. I won’t work with such people”.

Rajnikanth has old relations with politics: Read more

In 2 weeks, Hindi version of Baahubali 2 beats lifetime earnings of Dangal

It was released in over 6,500 screens across India, and in 9,000 plus screens worldwide

In just 14 days since its release, the Hindi dubbed version of filmmaker SS Rajamouli magnum opus ‘Baahubali 2: The Conclusion‘ has crossed the domestic lifetime collection of Bollywood superstar Aamir Khan’s sports drama film ‘Dangal’.

Filmmaker Karan Johar, who has presented the Hindi version of ‘Baahubali 2: The Conclusion’, on Friday shared on Twitter that the film has minted Rs 390.25 crore, surpassing the lifetime business of ‘Dangal’, which collected Rs 387.38 crore domestically. ‘Dangal’ had earlier this year became Bollywood’s highest grosser in the country.

Alongside an image revealing the Hindi collection of the film in India, Karan tweeted: “The reigning film. ‘Baahubali 2: The Conclusion’.”

Also Read : Rajamouli reveals Prabhas refused Rs 18 cr worth endorsements for Baahubali

The film, featuring Prabhas, Anushka Shetty, Rana Daggubati and Tamannaah in the lead, released in Hindi, Tamil, Telugu and Malayalam in over 6,500 screens across India, and in 9,000 plus screens worldwide.

The Hindi version of ‘Baahubali 2: The Conclusion’ has now become the highest grossing film in Bollywood and is eyeing the Rs 400 crore club, said trade expert Taran Adarsh.

“Baahubali 2: The Conclusion is a one-horse race. Collects Rs 390.25 crore in two weeks… All set to start a new club for Hindi films: Rs 400 crore club,” Adarsh posted on Twitter on Friday.

The worldwide box office collection of “Baahubali 2: The Conclusion” has already surpassed the Rs 1,000 crore mark. This is the first time that an Indian film has managed to rake in that much money.